Dumbo Octopus Bracelet
4ocean Dumbo Octopus Beaded Bracelet
Every 4ocean product purchased comes with our One Pound Promise to pull one pound of trash from the ocean, rivers, and coastlines. Every pound pulled helps fund our global ocean cleanup operation, supports a growing movement to end the world’s reliance on single-use plastic, and advances our mission to end the ocean plastic crisis.
Dumbo octopuses are considered the most adorable octopuses in the ocean and it’s easy to see why! These little cuties are slightly larger than an adult guinea pig and swim the ocean’s depths by slowly flapping their ear-like mantle fins — just like the famous elephant for which they’re named. Dumbo octopuses aren’t a single species, but a genus that consists of 15 different umbrella octopuses, which means they come in a dazzling variety of shapes and colors.
As the world’s deepest-living octopus, these cephalopods thrive in the dark, cold water found at around 13,000 feet. Because they live so far down, we’re only starting to learn about their habits, distribution, and threats. We do know that plastic has been found at even greater depths of 36,960 feet. So while very little may be known about the dumbo octopus, we do know that we need to protect their ocean habitat so we can continue to learn about these adorable creatures.
- Every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean, rivers, and coastlines
- Cord manufactured in China from 100% certified post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean plastic
- Clear beads are manufactured in China from 95% certified post-consumer recycled glass bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean glass
- 4ocean charm manufactured in China from 95% recycled stainless steel
- Hand assembled by artisans in Bali
- Unisex, waterproof, adjustable design
- Component manufacturing process and recycled content are audited and verified by GreenCircle